Wednesday 17 March 2010

Great times, grateful woman

For the first time in this life I am enjoying the experience of love, work and meditation all together, in the same time.

It used to be that when I was in love my energy went only to the man I loved and into the relationship. Time was flying away while I was lost in dreaming, in searching for ways to make him feel good, to keep us happy, to make it work. So there was not so much energy for work and far too less energy for meditation.

Then there were times when I was so focused on my work, on the activity I was doing, on finding 'my thing', 'my path', that the relationship just faded away, it slowly and surely disappeared, having no time or energy left for it.

Moving between love and work like between two extremes of my life, I was often feeling I'm loosing myself in the process, may that be love or work. And to find myself again I was withdrawing in meditation. Leaving relationship, leaving work and using meditation as escape.

And then this shift happen within myself.

I realized meditation is not an escape, it is simply the soul's hygiene. Just like brushing my teeth and showering every day is to the physical body, so is meditation for the soul. It just can't be without, otherwise things get stinky...

Moving towards relating and work from the space of meditation, love and work has gained the quality of presence. Being present, I'm not feeling that I lose myself neither in work, neither in loving someone. Being present, relationship turns into relating and there's no need to do something, for relating simply flows. Work happens moment by moment in the space of Now.

By being present, all parts of life are included, as being present happens no matter if it's love, work or meditation.

And what comes out of my mind now is this quote from Nithya Shanti:

“The beggar is concerned about the next meal. The street merchant is concerned about his daily earnings. The wage earner lives a month at a time. The manager plans for the quarter. The CEO for the next few years. The President considers the next five years. The Futurist contemplates the coming decades. And the care of a sage is rooted in the now and still penetrates all eternity.”

Love,
Ram

No comments:

Post a Comment